MBA / Engineering at Big Name Schools
James
2003-10-17 17:02:39 UTC
Hello All,

I graduated from Virginia Tech in 2002 with a BS in Information
Technology (Pamplin School of Business). I earned an overall GPA of
3.08 (3.3 over the last 60 hours) and I've spent a year and a half in
the working world as an IT consultant. As much fun as that is, I
really want to go back to grad school.

I'm still deciding between an MBA/Leadership degree and a degree in
Engineering/Network Security, but I'm leaning toward the former. I'd
like to attend a prestigious university such as MIT or Harvard, but
I'm not sure what such schools look for in an applicant (besides a
4.0). I'm currently researching programs at many universities as well
as reading reviews in the US News rankings. Would anyone care to
share their opinions of these programs or any advice on increasing my
marketability to such schools?

Thanks,

James
Pepmax
2003-10-21 05:39:20 UTC
I completed an MBA in Canada and I know for sure that besides grades, many
schools will also consider your work experience. This is how most of the so
called mature students (those who are already in careers) get accepted at
MBA programs.

How To Be Successful In School & Career (free tips)
www.clintcora.com/success.htm
Post by James
I'm still deciding between an MBA/Leadership degree and a degree in
Engineering/Network Security, but I'm leaning toward the former. Would