Best way to Prepare for the LSAT?
MQ Geek
2003-07-23 23:26:57 UTC
What is the best way to prepare for the LSAT? A lot of people have
said to buy a book and self-study... but which book to buy? Also,
what about a class at a local university ($300) as compared to class
at a place like the Princeton Review ($1000)? And how long should you
prepare before taking the test... 3 months? Last but not least, how
do you know you're ready?

MQ Geek
Dave Cantrell
2003-07-28 02:53:38 UTC
Post by MQ Geek
What is the best way to prepare for the LSAT? A lot of people have
said to buy a book and self-study... but which book to buy? Also,
what about a class at a local university ($300) as compared to class
at a place like the Princeton Review ($1000)? And how long should you
prepare before taking the test... 3 months? Last but not least, how
do you know you're ready?
MQ Geek
It depends more on you than anything else. You might want to try
self-study and take a practice test first to see how you do and what
your trouble areas are. A prep class can be really helpful for the
LSAT, because it's a pretty brutal test and it can be hard to crack
especially the games section. Having help on the tough parts can
really make a difference. I think the LSAT is one of the few tests
where a prep class can almost be a must.

I haven't taken a local university class but the PR class is excellent
- it has real LSATs, plenty of class time, and extra help if you need
it. I personally would not be confident in taking the LSAT without the
class.