Value of GMAT score
Andreas
2003-12-09 12:16:08 UTC
Hello,

since I just took my GMAT exam yesterday and it turned out to be a score of
690 I was wondering just how valuable such a score really is. I realise that
in combination with a convincing rest of the application package (perfect
TOEFL score, convincing letters of recommendation, good essays, plenty of
international and work experience in relevant fields etc.) this should be
plenty to get me in almost any MBA program out there (ok, Stanford maybe
tough since I read that their average GMAT score is >700). But since top
notch programs are also usually the most expensive the question remains what
my chances are with a GMAT of 690 and all the rest to be applicable for
merit-based scholarships. Does anyone have experiences? How should I go
about to get hold of these scholarships, what is the best strategy? Will I
only have to indicate that I would like to be considered for them or is it
useful to further "market" my application after I sent it in? Do you know of
any significant differences in how US compared to European schools handle
scholarships?

Thanks in advance for any advice or insight.

Cheers from Germany,

Andy
Wmich
2003-12-12 22:00:40 UTC
Hey,
I think you can get in at Western Michigan University..They have a pretty
decent MBA program. Good Luck!